From Microsoft Press
We’re pleased to announce the availability of Exam Ref 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1 (9780735684775), by Joli Ballew.
Purchase from these online retailers:
Barnes & Noble
Independent booksellers – Shop local
Informit.com – from Pearson, our official distributor
Description Fully updated for Windows 8.1! Prepare for Microsoft Exam 70-687 - and help demonstrate your real-world mastery of configuring Windows 8.1 in the enterprise. Designed for experienced IT professionals ready to advance their status, Exam Ref focuses on the critical-thinking and decision-making acumen needed for success at the MCSA or MCSE level.
Focus on the expertise measured by these objectives:
· Install and upgrade to Windows 8.1
· Configure hardware and applications
· Configure network connectivity
· Configure access to resources
· Configure remote access and mobility
· Monitor and maintain Windows clients
· Configure backup and recovery options
This Microsoft Exam Ref:
· Organizes its coverage by objectives for Exam 70-687.
· Features strategic, what-if scenarios to challenge you.
· Designed for IT professionals who have real-world experience configuring or supporting Windows 8.1 computers, devices, users, and associated network and security resources.
Note: Exam 70-687 counts as credit toward MCSA and MCSE certifications
About the Author
Joli Ballew is a Microsoft MVP for Windows Expert-Consumer. She is a Microsoft Certified Trainer who teaches certification curriculum and she's written more than 50 books, including Windows 8.1 Step by Step.
I purchased this two weeks ago in paperback and on Kindle for my Surface, along with the 70-687 Lab manual. Great read so far and they have really been helpful. Found a couple things already that weren't covered in previous exam guide materials I have purchased.
The book has lots of errata (see the post in this forum where I'm collecting it)
I purchased and read the Exam Ref 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1 book. I highly recommend it. As with all material you must practice with hands on experience to make the most from this study guide.