Hello, database geeks! Yes, SQL Server 2014 is the new shiny object, but you also know the importance of keeping your credentials current while expanding your product knowledge. For those who are certified in SQL Server 2008, we'd like to remind you about upgrading your certification to MCSA: SQL Server 2012. It's time to get it done. Why now? Because you can save 25% on the upgrade exam pack, and get free retakes just in case! Here are the details:
Who qualifies for this offer?If you currently hold one of these certifications, you can take advantage of this upgrade offer:
What can I upgrade to?
What exactly do I get in this upgrade offer?
You get 25% off the price of these two (2) upgrade exams when purchased as a pack, and each exam comes with one free Second Shot (retake) if you fail.
How soon do I have to commit to this?
You have to buy this upgrade offer by May 31, 2014. You also need to finish using all the exam vouchers and free retakes by December 31, 2014.
What if I already took one of the exams in this upgrade pack?
You can still take advantage of our Second Shot offer on single exams.
What if I miss the upgrade window and want to update my certification later?
When the upgrade exams retire (and they will, date TBD), you'll have to start over with a new certification path, which typically means taking three exams at the regular price.
What if I need help preparing for these exams?
Check out the online study group for SQL Server. There are Microsoft Certified Trainers and your fellow IT Pros there to help and provide support.
Go ahead. Buy the upgrade pack now.
Will the MCSE versions be offered again this year?
What is much more interesting is what kind of treatment SQL Server 2014 will get. A few questions that come to mind are:
1) Will there be a MCSA: SQL Server 2014? If yes, will there be a shortened upgrade path from MCSA: Server 2012?
2) What will you have to do to re-certify your MCSE: Data Platform / Business Intelligence after three years are over? Will you need to achieve the MCSA: SQL Server 2014 as well or just just an MCSE Upgrade Exam?
3) Will the exam numbers change?
With SQL Server 2014 just a few months away clarifying this questions could help people currently looking to get a SQL Server 2012 Certification get a clearer picture on what they are getting themselves into.
@Jason - Currently, there is a 15% discount on exam packs for MCSE: Data Platform and MCSE: Business Intelligence, which also come with Second Shot. Please see this page for details: www.microsoft.com/.../certification-exam-packs.aspx
Thanks for the great questions. I will be posting shortly a full blog entry on the SQL Server exam updates, but let me quickly answer your inquiry:
1. No - there will not be a separate MCSA: SQL Server 2014 certification, and students should continue to pursue their MCSA: SQL Server 2012 credential. We evaluated the new features of the upcoming product release and determined that coverage of these was best suited for the MCSE-level exams.
2. We are currently working on the recert options for SQL MCSE-credential holders, and will post info on these options by Feb 2014.
3. To address the SQL Server 2014 product, we will be updating exams 70-464, 465, 466, and 467. These updates are targeted for release in March 2014, and additional info on changes in Exam Objectives will be posted on the Exam Details pages at least 1 month prior to release. The exam numbers will remain the same.
Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Senior Product Manager - SQL Certifications
I clicked on the buy the upgrade pack now, then the buy now and the page cannot be displayed. 404 - File or directory not found.
Thanks for bringing this to our attention - looking into the issue now.
Please try to access the page now, and let me know if it works for you.
It appears that this problem has been resolved, but I have reported it to Prometric.