Post written by Matthew Minton, Senior Content Publishing Manager at Microsoft Learning
On day 1 of MMS 2012 (Microsoft Management Summit), Brad Anderson delivered the official news to our customers that System Center 2012 has reached general availability (GA)! Recording of Brad’s keynote is available on-demand from the Microsoft Private Cloud “What’s New” page, so go up there and watch the big announce!
Here’s a rundown of the announcements Brad made at MMS:
• With the Microsoft private cloud, IT professionals can advance from administrator to cloud innovator in order to help their companies move faster, save money and better compete. This includes Brad announcing MCSE: Private Cloud and Exams available at MMS!
• Customers such as Apartments.com, EmpireCLS, and The Walsh Group are betting on the Microsoft private cloud as they embrace the shift to cloud computing.
• The Microsoft private cloud is here now with System Center 2012, which is generally available for evaluation and purchase.
• The Microsoft private cloud will become more powerful with Windows Server “8”, now officially named Windows Server 2012. The new “cloud optimized OS” is due out later this year.
The Microsoft Learning content portfolio is at the front of the skills message for the System Center 2012 launch and Private Cloud Solution at MMS!
• The new Private Cloud Certification will be the first MCSE available to customers as part of our new program.
• The Private Cloud Exams are available in Beta form at MMS and over 250 attendees have signed-up to be the first to take these exams!
o Exam 70-246: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
o Exam 70-247: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
• The Private Cloud Jump Start leading up to launch are on demand from TechNet Edge! Almost 3,000 IT Pros tuned into the Live Jump Start with both sessions averaging an NSAT of 177.
• Private Cloud MOC available to Learning Partners today and in synchronization and support of MMS announcements! The deepest and highest quality learning experience in the industry in support of the Microsoft Private Cloud solution and MCSE: Private Cloud Certification.
o 10750AB: Beta: Monitoring and Operating a Private Cloud with System Center 2012
o 10751AB: Beta: Configuring and Deploying a Private Cloud with System Center 2012